Friday, December 07, 2007

smoothies





I don't have a precise measurement since I just kind of do handfuls.

ice
strawberries or any kind of berries
( i do some kind of mixture every time its different. I use frozen.)
two bananas
100% juice(anything from orange juice to carrot juice)
spinach or Kale

My kids love it and I love it. It totally gives me energy and then for lunch I do a salad. I really
feel full from this shake a lot of the day. It has curbed by sweet tooth. Enjoy it! I do! You really can't taste the spinach or Kale. I love the kale cause it so much healthier but I do the spinach from Costco for price.

11 comments:

janet said...

can't wait to try it!

gregandlaura said...

yum! Do you use frozen spinach??

katie said...

Yummy , yummy! I'm going to make one right now!

rachel said...

I use fresh spinach but when I can tell its about to go bad I freeze it and rinse it before using it. Which makes it of course soggy but its still good.

Allie said...

Is this the same smoothie recipe that Meghan was mentioning in one of her posts recently? Wow, I never would have thought of putting leafy things in a drink. Well, at least not when I wasn't trying to prank someone...

Anonymous said...

Ha, your mom's diet has exploded! Soon everyone's going to be going raw. I have to admit that I love my morning smoothie as well. I was doing really good a couple of months ago, then fell off track, but now I'm taking them again and I feel great! I did make one though the other day and it tasted really strange. Then I looked at my wooden spoon that I was using to stir the smoothie while it blended and noticed that the tip of the spoon was gone...and in a thousand particles in my smoothie. Gross.

The Bentley's said...

those look so yum! and what a great way to stay healthy!

Mauri said...

I tried it...and it was yummy! However, I think I added a little too much spinich, the smoothie was a festive shade of green.

The Larsons said...

Thanks so much for the tip! I'm going to try....but I need some approximate amounts. I am a recipe nutso...and too afraid to try with out at least a number of handfuls??? At least on the spinach and strawberries??? Thanks! You can just comment on my blog if you want. :)

How are you feeling?? You are so close to being done! I'm so jealous! We have our ultrasound this afternoon though, I'm way excited!

Jane Durham said...

isn't it awesome that your mom got us all addicted? Seriously, everyone, maybe michelle excepted is doing it. I need to do more spinach and kale. I do the wheat grass. I also need to do more 100% juice, anyway, you always find such great pics.

Haley said...

Love this shake! First time I made it though I put a little too much spinach and Matt said, "Ummm, did you put lettuce in here?" He hadn't tasted it yet, but he could see remnants of the spinach. Way yummy and healthy for a sweet snack or meal.