Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Sisters Keeper


I really like this Authors style of writing although I do think she should just leave out the F word. I am not saying that it was in the book all the time but why use it. If you are creative enough to write a book be creative enough to use cleaner language. Alright this book was about a girl who's sister has Luekemia and she is her donor and is fighting for the right to her own body. Really good. Also really sad. So make sure your up for a sad but heart felt good book. Really you will be suprized by the twist at the end.

3 comments:

janet said...

Our ward was going to do it for book club, but decided not to because of the language... I want to read it anyway!

Danalin said...

I agree...why the f-word EVER?! It can totally ruin my taste for an otherwise great book. It dumbs down the author in my mind.

The Snow Family said...

Rachel- we so need to get our boys together this summer! Maybe a museum morning? Julianne leaves in 3 weeks! We need to gather. Oh- about the book, looks good I'll give it a try. Have you read the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer? It's an easy read and pretty entertaining. I just finished 'The Host', her new book, and it was a good read too! It's at costco. Give it a try! The first 30-40 pages are tough and then it's a bit more gripping.