(Ethan and me having some fun with the photo booth camera. Love that kid. His energy level has only been enhanced with all the new stimulation around L.A. We are trying to keep him on the side walks and not in the busy streets. He has only almost been hit at least three or four times. If I have a heart attack you will know why. )
We made it to California. And we LOVE IT!!! we have already been here for two weeks and been to the beach a handful of times. We love our ward and neighborhood. We are getting settled in our house. We have already had our first house guest. My Mom came and stayed with us for about 6 days. We had a blast. The night she got here we went and saw Eclipse. After we got the most important thing out of the way we also went down to the Fabric District, Fashion District but didn't make it to the Flower District maybe next time. It was something to behold that was for sure. We had fun walking to the park around the corner and going to the beach and seeing family that was at Newport. Also took her around UCLA and to see Santa Monica Pier. We found a great Vegetarian burrito that is to die for down the street. So with that we are A-O-K. I still haven't found a place to work out like the good old Winston Salem YMCA. We have great running paths around here I am not sure how I am going to work that with the kiddo's.
Chris is loving it at his new job as a fellow at UCLA. He is going to be extremely busy. Questionable if he will ever get to use his vacation days. And so far he hasn't come home earlier then 7 or 8. He doesn't have time to stop for lunch or to breath once he gets there so we will try and stuff him full of protein bars and snacks for his pockets. His first call weekend was last weekend and he went in for a few surgeries but came home so excited with how much he loved it and how amazing they are at what they do. He is eager to learn take it all on. We love the times he is home. He is also having fun riding his bike to work. I am so glad he loves it so much it makes all this hard work worth it.
We are missing all our great friends back home. Not so much the humidity!
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
WE MISS YOU!!! I am so glad to see your smile and to hear that everything is as great as it is! I'm sorry Chris is working so much though. At least you live in a really cool place. We miss the boys too. Emma especially misses Ethan. Tell him to stay on the sidewalk or Emma will be sad :)
We are glad to see that you are getting settled in. Can't wait to come for our first visit.
Love ya,
Mom & Dad
Awww, so good to see you are settled and having a good time! I really can't wait to see you in a couple weeks, and I also am excited to visit you in Cali. Sounds like there is loads to do!!
We had SOOO much fun seeing you last week. Can't wait to come back out and pay you a visit...and maybe meet your new BFF Courtney Cox and Jennifer Aniston out front while they film ;)
I loved these pics. You look so good in them! I can't wait to come and see you! Miss you!!
I'm so glad you guys are in and settled and loving it! My niece and her husband are coming out to UCLA for dental school, I wish I could come with her and see you guys. Good luck with this year of Fellowship, I'll bet it flies by!
Post a Comment